Wool Valentine heart

Wool Valentine heart
Red wool heart

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

December is half gone

and I'll be working on Christmas gifts and crafts and sewing up to Christmas Eve. I have most of my ornaments done. I did do the little landscapes on spools, they were fun but very time consuming. I have 5 more to do. They should be given to the kids soon, or it will be too late for this year. I got an order for one Bear With Me bear, and am taking before and after pictures. I want to keep a photo album of my bears only. This one involves a sweat shirt with an embroidered heart, to be used as the chest of the bear, and an old blanket, aqua and white, that has a jacquard design, with the colors reversed on each side. I'm using the blanket for the bottom and legs, as well as part of the head. The sweatshirt will be used for the top and arms. The blanket has a satin border on 2 sides, so I'm using that for the paws and foot bottoms, and the inside of the ears. I'm fusing pellon on the backs of all surfaces to make it stronger and so it does not stretch when I stuff it. I had that problem last year when I made 10 out of sweatshirts. They got too big because the fabric stretched as I overstuffed them. It will save on stuffing, which isn't cheap. The pellon is spendy too. I still want to make doll clothes for one granddaughter, a jeans stocking for our youngest great-granddaughter, and maybe should do some actual shopping. We need to buy our exchange gifts, no ideas. Then there's some food prep too. Add in there a trip to Faribault to see the ortho dr. about my sore back. I'll make it. I usually do. Time for bed soon.

No comments: