Wool Valentine heart

Wool Valentine heart
Red wool heart

Friday, December 18, 2009

Finished a bear



Here are my before and after pictures of my first bear made for a customer. I used a sweatshirt with an embroidered heart design, and an old jacquard blanket. I used the shirt for the bear's "shirt" and arms, and for the center piece of his head. The blanket I used for the legs, "pants", back of head and ears. I used the satin binding for the bottoms of the feet, paws, inside of ears, and a ribbon for around the neck. I cut some 4.5" squares from the blanket, and made a small blankie for the bear. I think it turned out kinda cute, and hope the customer, and her mother-in-law like it. The blanket was very loosely woven, and it helped that I lined it with fusible pellon. It doesn't stretch so much, and it keeps the polyfil from leaking. This is a start, hopefully, in a business with a mission. Now I must finish the ornaments for the grandkids. Karen~Prairiedog

No comments: