Wool Valentine heart

Wool Valentine heart
Red wool heart

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

3-1-11

Yup, it's been a month, glad to have it behind me, but March can be a challenge too. New month, new eating plan, new vision for the rest of the year, life, etc.
Gave myself a few days, now am taking the doctor's advice and eating better, hopefully. After last night's supper with the Lions Club, broasted chicken and mashed potatoes and gravy, I'll need to fast a day or two. But I didn't, had yogurt. Yum.
Hopefully will finish my shamrock quilt for Judy Neighbors, and post that as my March photo. Then some mending and other sewing that needs finishing. Not too much on my calendar for the month, yet, a few meetings. First is our Friends of the Waterville Library, which we call FOWL, on Thurs. evening. We'll assess our fundraiser, and plan for the rest of the year.
Lent begins on Wed. the 9th, and that will bring us to a very late Easter. That's good, so we can hope to have nice weather for that and our family celebration on May 2nd. I guess that's the plan.
So, now, onward and be healthy. Wish we'd get some melting so we could walk outside, but the streets are still icy and we are forecast more snow soon. We are hoping not to have flooding here. Bring in the sand bags!! Work time!!

No comments: