Wool Valentine heart

Wool Valentine heart
Red wool heart

Monday, March 21, 2011

3-21-2011 ~ Soggy spring days

They make me sore in the joints. Well, something is, but I'm happy to have rain and not snow!! Our snow on the south side of the house is gone, and the river is rising. Our spring birds are here, robins, redwing blackbirds, great blue heron. Some odd ducks, like the wood ducks and canvasbacks are on the river occasionally, along with the Canada Geese and mallards. Those ducks have been here all winter.
Well, after a year we're going to go unload the storage unit, don't want to pay that anymore. Stuff it in the garage, re-stack and go thru it, sell what needs to go, and give other stuff away. Just can't keep it all and pay to store it. Losing money on that. It will mean lots of work, going thru all that stuff again. I think I have more wool there, want to make some more bunnies. Use it up, but then, I went and bought more coats. Couldn't pass them up at 33c. each. They are washed and dried, now to cut up and press. I like working with wool, but have a ton of cotton to deal with too.
Today is my dad's birthday, he'd be 102, but has been gone almost 30 years. He died in '81. Miss you, dad.

No comments: